Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Romania, part of the markets within Central East Europe, is committed to offer the best transport solutions for its customers by providing high quality Volvo and Renault trucks, excellent service and superior operational support and, to reach our goals, it is essential to attract, develop and retain the right people.
Volvo Group Trucks Romania is looking for a Business Controller. With our company you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals working with energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Purpose of the job:
The Business Controller is responsible for supporting operational management and CFO in Credit Management area, by active participation in taking business decisions, propose actions to optimize and drive business performance, risk management and value creation.
The Business Controller takes full responsibility for the Credit Risk function for the business, monitoring and credit vetting all new proposals, to limit the bad debt risk.
The Business Controller reports to the CFO of Volvo Romania and is a member of the Business Control Team. The position is based in Bolintin Deal, Highway A1, Giurgiu county where our headquarter facilities are located.
- Oversee credit management policy and processes
- Manage the credit risk strategy across the business
- Control of credit limit approvals and management of extended credit terms
- Build client relations while ensuring that payment terms are adhered to
- Communicate with customers; answer their letters and phone calls
- Prepare and send payment reminders
- Monitor and follow up on Inter Company debts
- Maintain and update the customer data base
- Provide internal credit reporting: overdue, aging analysis, DSO, internal controls related reports
- Attend client meetings and coordinate operational Credit Meetings
- Manage the overall customer exposure portfolio
- Produce specific detailed credit review
- Provide information and support to operational teams
- Monitoring of bad debt, provisioning and insurance claims
- Bespoke project work and enhancements to existing systems
- Manage audit controls around credit management area
Education and experience:
- University degree in Economics/Business Administration or equivalent
- Minimum 5 year experience in finance area, of which at least 2 year experience in credit control department of a multinational company
- Experience in different finance areas including experience from treasury, internal audit, process improvement is a plus
- Desired background from transport or retail industry
- Knowledge of Romanian GAAP
Competencies and Skills:
- Set high standards of professionalism and operate with integrity
- Genuine interest in business processes and retail activity
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact and influence at all levels both internally and externally
- Strong team player
- Process driven and proactive way of working
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluently written and spoken English
- Fluently written and spoken Romanian
- PC literate
- Flexible, professional with strong credit control experience
- Supportive, pro-active, persuasive and positive attitude in relation with internal and external clients, with excellent follow-up skills
- Able to work on own initiative and also part of a team, in a dynamic environment
- Target driven will always aim to hit your KPI's
- Concise, fact base and structured in communication with internal and external customers
- Able to drive changes and process improvements in Credit Management Area
Compensation and benefits:
- The successful candidate will be offered a stimulating opportunity to utilize his/her competencies with a dynamic working environment.
How to apply:
Please send your application in full confidence at [email protected] deadline for submitting the application is 15th of February 2019.
- SENIOR ACCOUNTANT – pharmaceutical field la ABC Human Capital ▪ Bucuresti
- Specialist Vanzari – statii de incarcare automobile electrice la ABC Human Capital ▪ Bucuresti
- Reprezentant vanzari B2B– vehicule electrice la ABC Human Capital ▪ Bucuresti
- QUALITY RESPONSIBLE – pharmaceutical field la ABC Human Capital ▪ Bucuresti