Job brief GENERAL MANAGER:
On behalf our client, one of Europe’s leading engineering services companies specialising in the installation and relocation of all types of industrial machinery, plant and associated services, we are looking for a General Manager to oversee all staff, budgets and operations of the Romanian branch.
General Manager functions refer to formulating overall strategy, managing people and establishing policies. To be successful in this role, you should be a thoughtful leader and a confident decision-maker, helping people develop and be productive, while ensuring the profits are on the rise.
The General Manager responsibilities include: design strategy and set goals for growth, control budgets and optimize expenses, and ensure employees are motivated and productive. You will maintain technical competence, product knowledge, general industry knowledge as well as regulatory issues, which affect customers, and maintain and promote a positive, professional image of the company in all interactions and by adherence to all internal policies and all Safety, Health and Environmental policies.
In this role, you will:
(Strategic Business and Sales Development)
- provide strategic guidance to the organisation by assisting the Management Director with development of long range business and sales development plans, and with the evaluation and reporting of progress on plans
- develop a growth strategy for Romania, focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
- develop a sales and business development strategy that enables the achievement of key business targets
- manage key accounts and longstanding customer partnerships, and work closely with the engineering team to develop sales prospects into real opportunities
- attend management meetings and provide useful contribution on how to drive forward the business
- undertake research in the market and identify new opportunities and markets
- be responsible for forecasting revenue and profit for future months
- take overall responsibility for the management and dissemination of customer communication and sales activity via company’s internal CRM system
- work closely with the engineering team to ensure development schedules and deliveries are being met
- negotiate agreements with key customers through discussion and compromise
- attend external meetings and functions, to maximise opportunities and promote the company’s name, image and reputation
- make strategic recommendations to aid efficiency and add value and ensures the implementation of policies and procedures
- introduce channels to obtain customer feedback and coordinate ‘lessons learnt’ sessions with management team, to ensure continuous improvement.
(Leadership and Team Development)
- be responsible for the sales and business development team; oversees the team on a day to day basis, ensuring profitable sales and distribution targets are maximised and accountabilities and KPIs are clearly defined such as: customer visits per week, order intake, number of new customers obtained, conversion of enquiries to order, profitability, or response to enquiry time
- manage the performance of the sales team, ensuring timely and relevant training and development of the team regular on-the-job coaching and skills development
- directly influence key customers and through the sales team, influence customers purchase company’s services by ensuring the team understand organisation’s unique selling proposition so they can maximise profitability
- implement a range of solutions and team communication tools to ensure sales and distribution targets are met.
- deliver exceptional customer service through the sales team to ensure customer satisfaction and deal with sales enquiries in order to achieve high levels of sales conversion.
- undertake field accompaniments with team members when required
- plan and conduct sales and business development meetings that inform and motivate the sales and business development team through cascading information from senior management meetings, sharing best practice, problem solving and confronting any poor sales performance head on.
- ensure overall management of sales information and activities
- issue regular sales report and provide information relating to market trends, business conditions, and competitive activities to Managing Director and senior managers in a timely manner
- ensure all sales performance data by the sales team are analysed and relevant action is taken
- ensure regular communication with other managers and colleagues within the business to drive forward business growth
- Proven experience in managing similar companies at a senior executive level
- Education background in mechanical & electrical sector and/or commercial & financial field
- Experience in planning and budgeting, strong knowledge of business processes and functions (finance, HR, procurement, operations, etc.)
- Familiarity with Romanian market, good networking connections
- Strong analytical and make-decision abilities
- Very good negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills, team-player, high-degree of flexibility
- Good knowledge of technical language
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Problem-solving aptitude and can-do approach
- Availability for travelling (including abroad) and long working hours
- Stress resilience, responsibility, time-management skills
- Good English skills (spoken and written).
What is offered:
- A competitive salary
- Necessary job tools
- An initial training period
- The opportunity to thrive in a fast-moving environment
- Access to the cutting-edge technology
- An upward career path.
If this is of interest for you, please apply to with a CV and a cover letter at [email protected] Only the selected applicants will be contacted.
The successful candidates will be asked to go through several selection tests and interviews.
- Accounts Payable with French / Billing Agent with French la Gabteo HR ▪ Bucuresti
- Data Scientist at dataLab la HR Gold ▪ Bucharest
- Tehnician Electro- Mecanic Servisare /PIF Echipamente la QLT ▪ Bucuresti
- Information Security and Business Continuity Expert, Bucharest la DARE - Development Advice & Resources ▪ Bucuresti