The IT Security Director is responsible for driving the IT security strategy and implementation forward whilst protecting the business from security threats and cyber-hacking. Operational compliance to all ISO and other standards and regulations is the responsibility of the IT Security Director. This is a senior role and will commonly involve directing a team and taking a seat on the IT Leadership Team.
• Creating and implementing a strategy for the deployment of information security technologies.
• Performing IT security risk assessments and reporting on ways to minimize threats.
• Monitoring security vulnerabilities and hacking threats in network and host systems
• Tracking latest IT security innovations and keeping abreast of latest cyber security technologies.
• Communicating with key stakeholders about IT security threats.
• Implementing an effective process for the reporting of security incidents.
• Overseeing the investigation of reported security breaches.
• Developing strategies to handle security incidents and trigger investigations.
• Managing the IT security team, security experts and advisors.
• Complying with the latest regulations and compliance requirements.
• Championing and educating the organization about the latest security strategies and technologies.
• Conducting a continuous assessment of current IT security practices and systems and identifying areas for improvement.
• Running security audits and risk assessments.
• Delivering new security technology approaches and implementing next generation solutions.
• Overseeing the management of the IT security department, giving leadership to the team and developing staff.
• Ensuring compliance and governance.
• Driving change projects and building new IT capabilities.
• Developing and implementing business continuity plans to ensure service is continuous when a security breach occurs or in the event, that activates the disaster recovery plan.
• Protecting the intellectual property of the organization at all times.
• Devising strategies and implementing IT solutions to minimize the risk of cyber-attacks.
• Managing the IT security budget and communicating this with the appropriate parties.
• Build strong relationships with the key business and IT stakeholders.
• Ensure team adheres to corporate IT Audit Controls, security and change management procedures, quality control processes, documentation standards, and Helpdesk support requirements.
Education, competencies and skills required:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business, a related field, or equivalent work experience;
• 10+ years of proven IT Security experience;
• Change management and business process experience;
• Proven track record of driving large-scale change programs;
• People Management experience;
• A proven record of dealing with complex projects and meeting conflicting demands;
• Fluent in English (written & spoken);
• Open to travel of up to 50%.
• Project management and experience involving successful security management.
• Digital leadership skills – capable of empowering and leading an IT team to meet business and IT security goals.
• Solid people management skills – providing direction, monitoring performance, motivating staff and building a positive working environment.
• Ability to adapt to a fast moving IT landscape and keep pace with latest thinking and new security technologies.
• A passion for technology and security safeguarding with a desire to deliver.
• Thrives on change, showing an impressive ability to drive the IT security strategy forward.
• Analytical mind capable of managing numerous information sources and providing data analysis reports to senior management.
• Strong customer focus – able to meet the demands of internal and external customers.
• Excellent communication skills – providing verbal and written communication that is outstanding to both direct reports and senior management as well as other stakeholders.
• Flexible and adaptable – capable of changing direction where required and showing flexibility to meet new demands.
• Forms business partnerships that help drive the IT security strategy forward.
• Can make decisions that are well informed and timely.
• Creative thinking – able to look at alternatives and consider new ways of thinking to problem solve.
• Multi-tasking – can manage several concurrent projects and prioritize demands.
• Demonstrated business skills and strategy with a strong understanding large manufacturing organization.
• Certifications in security and disaster recovery would be preferred.
• Knowledge of the latest IT thinking and threat modelling methods.
• Analytical skills;
• Problem solving skills;
• Oral & written communication;
• Organizational skills;
• Must be a team player and have the ability to sell ideas and facilitate a compromise when needed
• Creative drive.
A great multinational working environment;
Opportunities to learn and develop;
Challenging projects at national and international level;
A great financial package: 3000/3500 euros net/month plus year end bonus.
Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted.
- GENERAL MANAGER- leading engineering services company la ACTIV RECRUITMENT GRUP ▪ BUCURESTI
- Telesales Farma - Back Office Representative (zona Unirii) la QLT ▪ Bucuresti
- IT Project Manager, Bucharest la DARE - Development Advice & Resources ▪ Bucuresti
- Call Center Operator, Bucharest la Fundatia World Vision Romania ▪ Str. Rotasului, nr.7, Sector 1
- SAP HCM Technical Consultant Brasov la DARE - Development Advice & Resources ▪ Bucuresti
- IT Security Director - Bucharest or Brasov la DARE - Development Advice & Resources ▪ Bucuresti
- Global IT Security & Compliance System Application Auditor, Bucharest or Brasov la DARE - Development Advice & Resources ▪ Bucuresti
- Senior Software Developer - Oracle la HR Gold ▪ Bucuresti