For our business partner - a dynamic company with challenging projects using cutting-edge technologies, we are looking for a Lead Big Data Engineer. You and your team will work on integrating financial and industry data, research and news into a market intelligence platform that will generate intelligence for their beneficiaries to base their business and financial decisions on. The tools created will help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and responsibility with release goals. This includes understanding requirements, technical specifications, design, architecture, implementation, unit testing, builds/deployments, and code management.
- Ensure compliance through the adoption of enterprise standards and promotion of best practice / guiding principles aligned with organization standards.
- Hands-on position requiring strong analytical, architecture, development and debugging skills that includes both development and operations.
- Design and develop efficient and scalable enterprise systems.
- Attaint in-depth functional knowledge of the application(s) supported and dependencies. Understand Incident Management, Change Management and Problem Management, root cause analysis.
- Should drive and execute complex technical requirements.
- Collaborate with team members across the globe.
- Interface with users, business analysts, quality assurance testers and other teams as needed.
- Follow agile best practices.
- Regularly evaluate cloud applications, hardware, and software.
- Work closely with cyber security team to monitor the organization’s cloud policy.
- Focus on building a team culture that is based on trust. Inspire your team member so that they focus on continuous growth
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Minimum 6+ years of work experience in technology field (application development and production support).
- Experience in Java full stack development with exposure to Microservices, AWS & Big Data technologies.
- Ability to drive technical solutions for the business problems and coordinate with the team members to achieve them.
- Hands on knowledge in Big Data technologies like Apache Spark, Scala and Hive
- Good exposure on Databricks platform would be a great benefit
- Hands on exposure to SQL Server, Oracle 12C, SQL and PL/SQL, SQL optimization and related tools.
- Experience with SQL Project deployment.
- Good understanding of data models and data architecture
- In-depth knowledge of Data Modeling, Database Design and Performance tuning.
- +5 years of object-oriented software development experience developing server side components in a near real-time large-scale enterprise environment
- Proficient in building applications using serverless frameworks and containers using Dockers and Kubernetes
- Proficient with working on AWS
- Experience with Continuous integration and deployment tools like Jenkins.
- Experience supporting production environments.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Private medical insurance;
- Access to training for self-development;
- Lunch tickets;
- Flexible benefits basket;
- Fun room and various team bounding and team building programs;
- Attractive compensation scheme.
- Progressive vacation days.