We are looking for a Software Engineering Director for our business partner - a technology company whose global business is driven by shared experiences.
This is a senior engineering leadership position that includes site leadership responsibilities for the Bucharest location. This person will have a solid understanding of software development life cycles, with a passion for building and operating quality products, is strategic-minded while hands-on, and possesses proven experience in creating a best-in-class software organization that thrives on challenges to deliver quality products and services.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the Development and Cloud, Infrastructure engineering teams in Romania.
- Motivate and lead the team. Attract, recruit, and retain team members. Provide mentoring and career development and succession planning.
- Drive continuous improvement through the strengthening of the team, processes, and systems in order to achieve business objectives.
- Utilize communications tools to promote and manage the deliverables of the product teams, promote cross-functional communication and ensure adequate information flow within the organization.
- Manage overall budget expectations and set accurate schedules, costs, and resources.
- Manage multiple interdependent projects of different complexity and scope, according to business needs.
- Ensure delivery of successful projects and adapt to provide the required business impact.
- Gain and maintain an in-depth knowledge of all companies' products across the ecosystem between hardware, software, firmware, and cloud.
- Collaborate with the leadership teams: provide feedback, actively take part in establishing strategic and tactical plans and executing those plans.
- Represent the company locally, and assume legal responsibilities associated with this, including signing documentation.
- Define and lead the culture for the Bucharest development site.
- Coordinate and lead multi-functional management meetings at the location, with a focus on cultural and business alignment and equitable performance management.
- Act as a role model on employee engagement and roll-out of company and company-wide initiatives.
Skills we are interested in:
- At least 10+ years of software engineering experience, and 5+ years in a senior leadership position.
- Strong leadership skills & people management and experience leading large organizations (100 + team members desirable).
- BS/BA degree in computer science, engineering, or related experience. A master’s degree is highly desirable.
- Demonstrable experience in shipping large-scale consumer e-commerce systems based on headless design and micro-services-based architectures.
- Previous experience with product development and engineering in a distributed and “ecosystem” based environment where hardware and software-based applications must work cohesively and in unison to bring world-class experience to customers.
- Capable of technical deep-dives into code, networking, operating systems, with the ability to communicate with the company’s executive team in the strategic discussion.
- Experience with recruiting, managing, and empowering teams to deliver and operate best-in-class products and services.
- Experience managing teams in a matrix organization model.
- Excellent English is written, verbal, and presentation language skills
- Self-motivated, flexible, and experienced in dealing with ambiguity.
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan.
- Competitive salary.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are fully paid for employees.
- Life insurance and disability benefits.
If this is interesting, please send your resume to [email protected] or apply here: https://recrutare.evolvetoday.ro/jobs/1414908-software-engineering-director